Monday, February 4, 2013

A Week Long Challenge

 I have been really down lately which is weird for me in the winter. Usually I'm at my best all of the time and I am enjoying life, but for some reason I am just not feeling very joyful. I have been praying about what is wrong and why I can't shake this feeling but it wasn't until a few days ago that I decided what I needed to do. There was something that I did some time ago that really snapped me out of this type of mood. I have decided to do that same thing again but include you all this time. A few years go on the Christian radio station they proposed a challenge where you would spend an entire month listening to nothing but Christian music. For some of you this is how you live every single day, but for the rest of us this is a challenge.

In order for this challenge to work you cannot listen to any other kind of music, whether it has words or not. The only music you listen to is by Christian artists. There is so much Christian music out there that it shouldn't be a problem (or at least I hope not). 

I have chosen to only do the challenge for a week because that goal still seems more appealing to me as something that I can reach. I found before that by just changing the music that I listen to, I can change my mood or my outlook on different situations. I want to do this with all of you as well. You don't have to start this week but you can start next week. Just start, at some point. Try this challenge and see how it changes your week. If that seems to easy for you, then do it for a month. 

For the rest of this week I will be blogging about my days and how the challenge makes an impact on my daily life. I urge you to take this small journey with me or take it alone but just take it! I am very excited to see where God leads me this week and how He will use music to guide me or to help me. God Bless and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment