Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day Four

Today started out okay. I was rushing around to finish getting ready and do my homework. It was stressful because I was studying for a poetry quiz. My memory is terrible so in order to do well I have to read things over and over and over. In between every single one of my classes I read the essay that we had to read many times. I was really stressing myself out. I just wanted to do well on the quiz to make up for the other two that caught me off guard. When I sat down in class ready to take my quiz my sister turns to me and tells me that there was no quiz for today that it was just a class discussion.

I was so angry that I wasted all of that time on poetry when I could have been focusing on the rest of my work that I needed to get done. I tried listening to my music to relax but it wasn't working today. Nothing seemed to be working well for me today. I wish that I had stayed strong but when the other radio station came on I just let it play because it fit my mood. I am so angry with myself for just giving up on a challenge that I was advocating for but I am not going to lie and pretend like I didn't. The temptation was there, things were going wrong and I stopped fighting and gave in. It sounds like something small but regardless I faced temptation and I went with it because it was easier to listen to depressing music then to listen to music about having hope.

However life is going to throw us some random temptation of any level. My temptation may be small to you but it hindered my completion of a goal and a challenge. It is easy for me and for you to say that it seems easier to just go with the little temptation because it is small and the outcome is not going to be terrible. By giving in I not only failed this goal but I strayed from my path a little. Each time we give up we stray from our walk a little bit or a lot.

This is why we should continue to fight any temptation that we face.

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

We have a wonderful gift waiting for us each time we stand the test and each time we overcome temptation. So I will continue this challenge because I can't give up completely. I made a mistake but that doesn't mean I have to quit my challenge. I hope that you are more successful than I have been and I continue to pray for everyone who has been joining me on this little journey. God bless you all and remember to fight all temptation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment