Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day Two



I usually always wake up to Christian music because it is the best way for me to start my day.  I usually start listening to secular music on my way to classes because I am trying to wake up and be ready for class. Today I went all day just listening to a few of my favorite worship songs. I felt a little bounce in my step which is weird because I was so overly tired. While I was in class I kept singing those songs in my head (which is probably not the best thing to do during class). As the day progressed my work load was growing more and more and I was ready to go into shut down mode and skip class.

There are times when I stress myself out so much that my pain gets out of control and bad things happen after that. I had to make it through six classes today. It was my choice to do that but today of all days was just very overwhelming. I really just wanted to be home and see my best friend on her birthday and go see the new baby that arrived in our lives this morning but instead I had to walk in the snow and keep going to class.

While I had to walk to yet another class I put in my headphones and went back into my own little music world. Listening to uplifting words of praise gave me new perspective on my stress and on everything that I was missing out on. This was not a sudden thing though, it took me all day to reach that point of acceptance. The work that I have facing me tomorrow is ridiculous but my challenge for this week will keep me going tomorrow (well at least I hope it will).

Scripture is what keeps me going as well as the music. I have found some peace in Matthew today and I decided to share that with you.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Matthew 6: 25-27

God has blessed me so much and even though on days like today I feel like I can’t handle anything else, I come to realize that I can handle it because God is with me. I don’t have to panic all of the time because I am overwhelmed I just  need to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment