Friday, February 15, 2013

Life Poem

I have written so many draft posts this week but I have not felt like they were good enough to share. Lately I have been feeling like a terrible writer and I did not want to share it with you and risk the fall out of judgement. As a writer I am going to hit some rough patches. Its not that I don't have something to write about, its just that I can't find the right words to put it all in. So my task for this weekend is to write a poem for my poetry class. I have not felt led to share anything with you but I am going to have to share this poem in class on tuesday so I figured I would just share it now.

Whether you like it or not (please do not tell me its bad because I cannot bring myself to change it right now). Here it is, it is a little bitter sweet but it is an example of how God showed up in my life even through sorrow and pain.



Sweet Child
 
No room for air
No time to call
One too many set ablaze
Fire rising
Inside tired souls
Jumping fast, water ready
Guard the innocent eyes
The pound of a dial,
And the flashing red and blue
Find cover for the tiny one
In a room far away
Tears flow steadily down
Two sorrowful faces
Another takes it all in as
Far off voices fade
And the hand of a tiny baby wipes all tears away

For now that is all I am going to say about that! Thanks and have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment