Friday, December 7, 2012

God's Got Your Back

No matter how bad things get and no matter how stressed out I am God always comes through for me. This is one of the busiest times of year for Christians. Not just at work, or at home but there is a lot going on in the Church as well. It can be one of the most uplifting and tiring times of the year. Looking at the big picture all of my stress is going to be worth it and its just part of growing up. Stress is never going to go away but it is what we do with it that makes the difference. I am the type of person who lets the stress build up and build up until I am overloaded and ready to fall apart. I forget to give all of the little stresses over to God because I feel silly for being stressed out by the little things. He is always willing to take my stress if I am willing to turn it all to Him.

God gives us each the choice to turn things over to Him. He is always watching over us but we have to make the choice whether we let Him help us or if we shut Him out. There have been times this week where I felt like no one was on my side. I felt like if I disappeared this week no one would notice. I am a person who loves to feel needed and I love to help. Support for me is a very important tool that keeps me going in all that I do. I have to feel like what I am saying or what I am writing means something to even just one person. When I let my stress build up and when I let people step all over me, I feel invisible. There are just times where I am not strong enough to share the words that are laying on my heart. I know to you it seems funny that I say that, because I write many thoughts in my posts but sometimes there is more to a story than just what I write.

I have a pretty good relationship with the Lord and He has gotten me through so many things but still in times of trial I bottle it inside almost hoping that if I don't share it with the Lord it will just disappear. That, however, is never the case. The longer that I withhold my stress and my hurt from the Lord, the more time I have to dwell on it and the more damage is done. I know that I preach to others that we all need to turn it over to God right away, but each new situation puts me right back where I started. In time I will learn to do as I say but for now in my walk I am still learning. No matter how many time I mess up and no matter how much I withhold from God before turning it all over, God has my back.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

I am exhausted from holding things back and trying to carry my burden of stress, and of pain, and of hurt. I have no strength left to fight off the words that hurt me, I have no strength left to fight the pain that has taken over my body and I have no strength to push through this next mountain that I have to tackle. However, God can. God has the strength to help me offer forgiveness and comfort. God has the strength to heal my pain and God has the strength to move the mountain that I face. I can do nothing alone. The reason that I feel alone is because I am not letting the full love of Christ to fill my emptiness. I have not let Him wipe the tears away and I have not let Him give me peace until now.

God will always have my back and He will always have yours. He is willing and waiting for us to call out His name. He has the strength to fight every single battle that you face. He will never leave us alone to deal with stress and pain and large mountains. Today He has shown me His light one more time and reminded me that He has my back. I am blessed when I do not deserve it. Go throughout this weekend remembering that God has your back to, through everything and at all times. He is ready and willing if you will let Him in.


No comments:

Post a Comment