Thursday, December 13, 2012

I am a Fighter

I am a fighter. Not in the physical sense (I am a little small to be fighting physically) but I am a fighter in every other way. I used to be the one that everyone stepped on or the one that everyone used but now I am a fighter. Being a fighter has caused me to lose people that used to be in my life but I don't regret it because those very people were the ones hurting me. People continue to use me but I have a better handle on it now so I don't let it get to far. Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to be a fighter but it's how I make my way through each day. I fight for what I believe in and I fight for what's right.

I have had to fight so many times to get the help I needed in school. I found my voice finally in a meeting with the school psychologist a few years ago while she was pretending to know whats best for me. I fight for the rights of others who aren't getting the help that they need or the help that they deserve. I don't scream or yell while I fight I use solid facts and proof to prove my point and win every fight. When it looks like I am going to lose a fight, I step back and get my affairs in order before I go at it again. I don't give up because If it were me I would hope no one would give up the fight. My goal is never to put the other person down but rather show the other person that there are other sides to every situation.

I realized recently that fighting has given me a false sense of security with everything I do. I have been successful in the past and continue to stick up for others and be the rock. When something works you usually don't give up on that tactic when facing a similar situation. However, I have learned that in all of the fights that I have "lost", I did not have God in on it with me. There are fights that I want to fight in order to gain something for myself but I go about it with the wrong intentions and without the proper fighting tools.

I consider myself to be a prayer warrior. I do not pray out loud in large groups because it makes me nervous but I spend a large amount of time each day in prayer. I don't give up on praying either. I fight to keep myself going and to keep bringing everything to the Lord. When someone is hurting I fight through it all and keep on praying until that hurt is gone or until God answers the prayer. I do not fight against God, I fight against the spiritual warfare that gets in my way. I do not, and I will not let that warfare stand in the way someone in need. God has given me the will to fight for what is right and to fight for His people. There are times where I get hot headed and forget my goal of fighting. There are times where the warfare makes me stumble and I lose sight of how I should be fighting the fight as a Christian.

Prayer is something that I am good at doing but sometimes I do wonder if I am doing it right. Sometimes I have to stop and look for scripture that will guide me on how to pray or how to face every situation with a God centered fight.
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19 

When I don't put up a good, God centered fight I feel like I have failed those that I was trying to help. Even after reading this you still might think that facing everything with a fight is not the way that Christians should live but it's how I live. When I am fighting for what's right, or fighting to get help for someone else I feel the strength of the Lord. I feel like every time I pray and every time I fight off the warfare that I am wearing the true armor of God. It is offered to us all but some aren't ready for a fight. 

I am not challenging you to pick a fight with someone. I am challenging you to pray and pray like a prayer warrior, not letting anything get in your way. I am challenging you to acknowledge that the devil is going to try to take off our armor but that with God we can stand strong and we can face the fight. Do not just fight to win, fight with a purpose, a Godly purpose. The thing we need to be careful about is making sure that when we head into a fight we are heading into it with a clear, and Christian like head. So again I say to you that I am a fighter... Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment