Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Relief Song

I have been highly stressed out in case no one has noticed. I have taken on a lot and I have been traveling back and fourth a lot to deal with my medical "issues". On top of that I have school of course and I have friends who rely on me and I haven't been there for them very much lately. The guilt of not being a good friend on top of all of my other stress has started to get to me. I was able to take a small break from the world today and go shopping with my Mom. It was a rather short shopping trip but it was something that had nothing to do with homework or obligations. As we rushed around I started to realize how much stuff I needed to get done when I returned to school. I was tempted to slow our shopping time down but I couldn't.

I was walking through an isle while I was contemplating how to stay out of school for a little bit longer. Then all of a sudden I hear this little voice singing "The Lord told Noah, there's gonna be a floody floody" over and over and over. Normally when kids sing the same phrase over and over I get annoyed and frustrated (mostly with my own sisters) but for some reason I just kept thinking how cute it was that she was singing that song. The odds of hearing a child singing that in Walmart now adays is very slim. When I hear little girls singing about Jesus it is usually my girls!

The smallest things catch me and make me think. There is just something about little kids singing praise songs that makes me feel like the Lord is near me. To hear that child singing gives me hope that faith is still standing strong against doubt. God is still being introduced to the next generation of kids. It is so important that we spread the word of God to children. I have found that a lot of the time, the kids are more open to listening to the word of God than so many adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment