Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Time to Follow God's Plan

I have been on break since December 18th, and for some reason everyone thinks that I should not be home right now, or they wonder why I am skipping school when I am out with my mom during the day. Following my explanation as to why I am not in school everyone asks me what I am going to school for. When I tell them what my degree is going to be, they ask me what I plan to do with that degree. I have a lot of options right now as to what I want my focus to be, but that doesn't seem to be enough for people. They want a reason for the focus that I am choosing. They want me to tell them exactly what I am going to be doing when I am done with school. I have a few answers, but really I honestly have no idea.

I have been stressing myself out trying to figure out what future I could have. I have been thinking of the perfect job that will fit what I want, and how I will go about looking for that job. I also weigh in the fact that I will have a bucket load of student loans. Once I am on that train of thought I also think about whether or not I will be married at that point, and how a husband would fit into all of that. It scares me to think that if I don't give them an answer it means that I have no focus. I have to have a goal for myself, but what if my goal is wrong and what if my goal is an impossible goal. I don't think that anyone realizes just how much thought goes on when they simply ask me what I plan to do with my degree. 

The truth is that I really don't know what my future is going to bring, nor should I. Scripture says,
"
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 
Jeremiah 29:11-14

So the answer that I can give to anyone who asks me what I am going to do in my life is that I will be doing whatever God wills me to. I cannot sit here day after day stressing about what I am going to do in the future. I could worry about how I am going to find a job, or whether or not I will get married when I want to. I can stress about feeling like no one cares about me. I can stress about how I am going to pay my student loans back when I graduate. OR I could stop and I could trust God. I could trust that He has a plan for me and that if I follow Him He will show me that plan in time. 

Ask me what my plans are for the future and this is what I will tell you: My plans for the future are to trust in God and trust that He has a plan for my life. I can spend time worrying or I can stay in prayer and continue my walk with God, working hard and appreciating the opportunities that God has given me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment