Tuesday, January 22, 2013

God of This Earth

This semester I am taking a course called comparative politics. I was not sure what the class would entail I just knew that I had to take it because it is part of my minor. Come to find out that the content of the class can be outlined by the title of the class. We compare the politics of all of the countries around the world. We are looking to see what countries have similar politics and what other countries could do differently. We have to stay up on current events but for me, I barely watch TV so I am lucky if I know who is even in the news at all right now.In the class today we were discussing the different power struggles that are happening all over the world. We compared the terrible lives that the people living in those countries have to live every day. The death tolls are reaching ridiculous levels and violence is how kids are brought up.

I am short for time today but I just wanted to get my thoughts out there and see what you think. While we talked about everything that is wrong in all of those countries I kept trying to figure out a solution. However, before we can even start looking for a solution we have to find the root of the problem. A lot of students blamed the issues on corruption of governments all of the world. The problem that I see in all of those countries and even our own is that God is not there. We have lost the most important foundation of this world. In all of this chaos and terror everyone has seemed to forget who created all of this for us. We are here on this earth because of our Lord and savior yet no one will turn to Him when they need Him most.

While I spend the rest of the day is class, think about that for a while. Think about all of the stories that you see on the news and then think about what could happen if those countries let in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment