Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Want To Be An Upward Prayer Warrior?

One of my favorite ministries is beginning this Saturday. Any of you who know anything about Upward know that I like for Upward (I know I said I live for Christmas too). It has been ten years and I still forget how close it is to Christmas. I get so caught up with Christmas that I don't realize how much needs to be done for Upward. Now there is less than four days left before we begin this crazy fun season.

For me, Upward is more than just a basketball and cheer-leading program. It is something that I look forward to. It is something that gets me through the week because I know that once the weekend hits, I get to go to Upward again. I have been a player, a coach, a spectator and the director of concessions and volunteers. Some how, I have always been a part of this program. The people involved have become my family. They are my support system and when I am at Upward I feel safe and happy.

I have been lacking in the length of my posts but I have put my focus on Upward right now. We have the chance to touch so many lives and to introduce God to many families through this ministry. I want to be at my best and I want this to be amazing and glorifying to God. I give Him all glory and all of my time and effort. Things may not be as perfect as I want them but I am going to make them as close as I can get to perfect. At the end of the day I am doing my part to spread the word of God and of His glory. He has blessed me so much and now He has given me the chance to bless others and I am taking that chance.

I am asking you now to be in prayer for this upcoming season. This is not going to go well unless we have not only all of the volunteers that are hands on, but our prayer warriors as well. I would love it if even just one person reading this would agree to be a prayer warrior for our Upward Basketball and Cheer-leading program this year. It is not too hard but pray about it and if you feel led to be a prayer warrior, feel free to let me know because the director of this amazing ministry is always looking for solid prayer warriors that will back us up and give us the strength of God to reach out and share God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment