Thursday, July 17, 2014

Can't Back Down

Tonight a journey began. There are so many changes happening at my church. I guess you can say that there have been changes going on at my church for years now. Some leaders left us and I took it personally. I don't talk much about it because for me it was a real loss. Others have come and could only serve for a certain time. During that time they made fantastic changes that were a good preparation. It all led up to now. There was a point where my family almost left the church for good but God was telling us to stay. We didn't know why but I just had a feeling.

Over the past few months our church has seen great change. The biggest change was in our numbers. Numbers are not important when it comes to worshiping Christ but there are just certain people, that when they are brought together changes happen for the better. Praise band stopped being a chore some time ago and it became fun. More recently, at least once a Sunday I get chills while up on stage because finally, the congregation is louder than the music. The sound of believers coming together through song is an experience that no one could forget.

Tonight a group of strong Christians got together to form a praise band. We are just in the initial stages but God's house was once again on fire! I keep saying that and I'm sure its getting old, but I pray that someday you get this experience as well. Walking into the church tonight, I had so many things on my heart. My grandma, my blood pressure, my family, the troubles that my friends are facing and so much more. On a side note, that's the wonderful thing about the church, they do not require you to leave your baggage at the door.

Being a leader is something that I strive to be but is still something that I struggle with. I am young and speaking in front of people has never been my strong suit. The moment that the music started playing it was like everything was lifted off my shoulders. Through music I gave it all to Christ. I cannot say that I will leave it all with Him because I have already said that surrendering is one of my weak spots.

A wise man reminded us tonight that as we grow together and become a vibrant, God loving, God centered praise team the adversary will take notice and he will go after us. It was a point that I had to really think about and take to heart. I have seen it happen before and I have seen the pain that it causes, but in these past few months I have also seen what its like for a group of God loving people to come together and sing songs of praise. There is nothing like it and nothing better than hearing the love of God pour into songs.

So I say get ready Satan because Gallup Hill Baptist Church is alive and roaring for Christ. Let our songs of praise be heard every where that they can because I'm not backing down and neither is this church family. We will not be quiet until every person knows the name of Jesus Christ and His mighty reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment