Sunday, July 20, 2014

We Are the Body

During our ladies bible study today, we briefly talked about similar traits that the women have in our church. Someone (the pastors wife), said that she has noticed that when someone is in need, there are always at least ten people lined up and ready to help. When I stopped to really think about it, that is very true.

Recently, I have shared that there is a lot going on in my life. Its not very pleasant nor does it help lift my spirits. There have been days when the world is crashing down on me and I feel very alone. I often sit in my self pity and wonder if anyone would notice if I went missing. Of course these are not logical questions because I know the answer to all of that. As Christians we know that we are never alone because God is always with us. We know that He is here but sometimes we desire the love of a physical person.

I have always been proud of my church because no matter who it was that was attending, they were always welcoming to visitors and each other. It gets to the point where visitors are tired of hugging church members. That is how we show others God's love. Its not only through preaching but through disciples of Christ.  When ever I have gone to other churches, I realize how blessed I am, when not even one person says high to me while I'm in the congregation.

God brings the right people into our lives at the right time. I truly believe that. My family is being sent through the ringer with so many issues right now. This is a time where, in the past, I would have felt so alone in the darkness that surrounds me, but I'm not. Our church family is being attacked from all sides. Whether that be, death of loved ones, illness, loss of a baby, a friend and so much more, but we are strong.

When I even look upset, there are at least three women, literally at my side ready to catch me when I fall. I don't even have time to feel alone before someone reaches out to me from the church. My church family is there when I need them most. They call, they text, they hug, they talk, they bring food and they bring love.

I don't know where I would be without these God loving women and men! The reason that we are facing so much trial and tribulation is because we are strong in the Lord. I pray that you find that love of God in a body of Christ. As pastor said today, we are all part of the body of Christ and we all are important to that body. We all have a role and we are all needed. Never feel alone, not only because God is always with us, but because you have a role in a church body. I don't know where that church body will be for you but I challenge you to find it. If you are already part of a church, make sure that you are working as part of the body because you ARE needed.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment