Saturday, July 19, 2014

He Prevails

There is a song that I have been listening to for a little while. As I have said before, music lives in me and whether its listening, singing or playing to a song it means something to me. While I was in the car I had my music on and the song "We Believe" came on. I love the lyrics and I think they encompass everything that it is to be a Christian. There is one phrase in the song that sparks a passion inside my heart. I am going to share it with you before I go any farther.

"And the gates of hell will not prevail! For the power of God, has torn the veil! Now we know Your love will never fail! We believe, we believe!"

It is a really hard thing to grasp. It would be so easy to enter the gates of hell because they are always open and ready to take people away, but the thing is, that heavens gates are open as well and it only takes one thing to get you there. The gates of hell are powerful because Satan is powerful. He has a grasp on this secular world and he will gladly take you with him but what's even greater than his power, is the power of Christ. He is the one true King.

Bad things will happen to us in this world because we are sinners. This world is not perfect and we have to live in this world until the day that we die. Its hard to understand that God made this world perfect and it was us in combination with the devil that made this world imperfect. God sent His only son to save us from our sins. That means that when we die we can go to heaven because someone already paid the price for our failings. It doesn't, however, mean that we will never experience pain and loss.

The stronger that we become as Christians the harder Satan tries to break us down and put out that fire in our souls. It can be overwhelming. When we are suffering greatly, no matter what the cause of the suffering is, we find it hard to grasp the fact that our God is stronger. That's the thing, He doesn't wait for us to understand how or why He does what He does, He just does it because He is stronger.

Those lyrics have power because of how true they are. The gates of hell will NOT prevail because our God has saved us and our God will watch over us. There is no need for us to be fearful of Satan because God can and has overcome Satan and the gate of hell. They won't ever leave, but they hold NO power over us and the love that we have for Christ. Satan wants us to turn from God but our God is greater than any sin, pain, loss, hurt and suffering.

No matter what we spit at God His love NEVER fails us and I want you to know that because I know that. If I didn't know that I wouldn't be here today trying to make you understand the power of Christ and the power that He has over my life and over yours. So remember that OUR God prevails and don't ever forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment