Saturday, July 26, 2014

Women of Christ

If you haven't noticed, I did not post a blog yesterday. Yes I know I didn't but I was fellowshipping. I had the opportunity to spend time with a group of lovely women. A large group of ladies, myself included went to something called a Woman's Sanity Night. It was put on by another local church. It was anything but a sane event. It was wild, wonderful and fulfilling. However, the only draw back was that it got over around 10:30pm. By the time we arrived home I attempted to drag out my computer but sleep was calling my name.

Growing up in my church, there were always kids that were younger than me, and kids that were older than me. For the most part, I was accepted into both age groups, but I ended up either being young than, and behind a group of kids, or I was older than, and ahead of the group of kids. By ahead and behind I mean that I was in a higher or lower grade then the kids/ youth. I found my group of friends and I loved/love them dearly but when it came down to certain problems, there was never anyone that could understand what it was like going through those problems.

So I grew up and turned eighteen. Went off to school and made some friends/ It wasn't the same though, because the friends that I made at school were non-believers. I longed to have a connection with a group of believers, where I was their equal. A group of ladies at the church attempted to include me in their circle as well because I was finally an adult, but it was still awkward and I still felt out of place.

People have come and gone from our church. I miss the relationships that I had with those who have left, but the feelings of outsiderness (that's not really a word) never really changed. Then it happened, the church which consisted of about five families began to grow. It happened slowly but it happened. Our group of ladies in the church grew and grew. Most of these women met me after I was an adult so they never had to look at me as a child. Still sometimes I find that because I look so young, people tend to figure that I am not an adult, but not these ladies.

Our group has grown into a beautiful sisterhood in Christ. I have come to know and love the women of Gallup Hill Baptist Church (not that the men and children great too). Though most of these women are moms, and I am not, they treat me as their equal. In their eyes I am an adult. There is this respect that I have never really received. I am in awe of how much prayer really works. It took longer than I had wanted it too, but that's because I wanted my life to follow my plan. I am so beyond thrilled to see this change in my life. Though I am younger than almost all of the women, it doesn't feel that way. I feel like I am their equal. I look up to these women because they are true women of God.

I am so blessed to be able to call myself one of the Women of Gallup Hill Baptist Church. We are on fire for Christ. We have become a family, and a support system that catches you when you are falling. I give the glory to God and I want every woman to know that they have the opportunity to join us because we leave NO one out. I thank God for this time in my life where I can grow and learn from other Godly women!

No comments:

Post a Comment