Monday, July 28, 2014

Heart For Giving

What another super busy day. I had a big long list of things to do and places to be. What's funny is that my pastor just talked about spreading ourselves too thin. Others have told me that I have a tendency to do that, but as I say, like mother like daughter. My mom is a power house, if someone needs something done she does it. For my entire life I have watched her reach out and help every single person that she could. Even when our resources were getting low she always found a way to push on and move forward. I want to say that I have some of those qualities too. I don't see them as spreading too thin, because these things are what our lives are wrapped around.

My major in college is communication. I chose that field because I love all of the aspects that are under that field. I don't have one certain thing that is my focus because I love doing it all. I have volunteered for non profits from the moment that I was old enough to do something. My mom taught me the value of service. In doing so, I have realized that both her love language and mine are through giving and listening. People have always found their way to us when they have something heavy on their hearts. I feel love pouring in when someone trusts me enough to pour out their heart.

The other way that we show love is through giving. I am not a person who hugs my siblings to feel close to them. That has caused many problems in the past with people looking in on my family, but I show them love through giving. Whether that's time and service or driving them to school. With my mom, she is always buying things for other people. Even when money is tight, she finds a way to do it anyway. It is both a love language and one of her spiritual gifts.

Somehow, no matter how much we are struggling, there is always enough for us to serve others. I said earlier that it seems like we are spreading ourselves too thin. In a way I guess that we are spreading ourselves but it is so fulfilling knowing that our God will provide for us. I feel blessed for having the opportunity to give and to love through giving of gifts and service.

I trust that my God will always provide. Even though I get worn out, He gives me the strength to do what I love and show love.

No comments:

Post a Comment