Sunday, July 13, 2014

Profession of Faith... Again

For a long while now I have contemplated starting this blog again. I have done this once before and I said that I would continue blogging but I didn’t. I got angry and bitter and I didn’t want to think about the blessings that God was placing in my life. Recently I have felt that God was calling me back to this “ministry”. This is my venue for professing my faith and I have missed writing out my thoughts and observations. So here I go again making another attempt at sharing God’s work in my life.

In church service today, the message was about Spiritual Gifts and how we can apply them to our lives. When I took a spiritual gift inventory I found that my two strongest gifts are Faith and Wisdom. I laughed when I got the results because I am only 21 years old and I really doubted that my spiritual gift could be faith or wisdom. As Pastor went through these two gifts I began to see that I have had the opportunity to use these gifts and it was through this blog. No matter what has gone wrong in my life I have faith that God will get me through it. Don’t get me wrong, I have been angry with Him before but I could never turn away no matter how badly I may have wanted to.

There has been so much loss in my life and my family’s life for some time now and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. As I am watching the lives of those around me I am noticing that there is loss in so many of our lives. We are being attacked by the devil. I am surrounded by both old and new believers, but the key is that I am Surrounded. Over the past few months my church has seen so much growth and it has created a fire for Christ inside of me. My family is broken right now but no matter how bad things get, so many good things have happened. God has brought AMAZING people into and back into my life.    

A few months ago I was in the midst of a family crisis, in which lives were threatened and fear and anger were the only two emotions I was feeling. On the day that the danger escalated to its highest  was able to see God’s glory. I had the opportunity to witness not one, but two ladies in my church give their lives to Christ. It is inexplicable, the joy that I felt on that day. No matter how hard Satan attacked me that day, I will remember it, not as a horrible day but as a day where God’s glory shone through it all.

I have noticed that the stronger my church family grows, both as individuals and as a whole, there has been a lot of spiritual warfare going on. So many of us are fighting battles as individuals yet somehow God has placed us all together and the worse the warfare gets, the stronger our bond becomes. God is shining at my church, in my life and in the lives of people around me.
I leave you with this for the evening; the devil is bringing sorrow and loss into our lives. He wants us to turn to God with anger and place the blame on God. As my family faces more loss in the near future so I turn my eyes to God because He already knows how my life is going to play out. Satan banks on us turning away from God when things go wrong, but I have one thing to say to Satan: Nice try.

No comments:

Post a Comment