Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God Forgave You, Why Can't You Forgive Yourself?

There are so many times that I go into prayer asking for forgiveness. There are so many times that we all fall into temptation and find ourselves wishing that we had listened to the Lord. Then when that certain temptation has past, we go to the Lord begging Him to forgive what we have done. He has promised us that when we sin and bring it to Him, He will forgive you. So why is it that He forgave us, but we won't forgive us?

This is a trap of the mind I think. We believe that the sin we committed was unforgivable. I hang onto my sin because I am so angry with myself that I seek punishment in a way. I feel that I am not worthy of the Lord's forgiveness, and the truth is, I'm not. I am forgiven because I am loved by the Lord just like you and everyone else. When I am doing a certain sin, I know that it is wrong. The fact that I knew I was wrong sticks in my head. That doubt in my head, that I will do it again. I hang onto my sin even when I am forgiven and it becomes a reminder everyday. Continuing to think about our sin, is what Satan really wants. It is then, that he comes in and brings the temptation.

Sometimes, I think that we hang onto that sin because we know that we will do it again. In a way, it's like we want to do it again. When we ask for forgiveness we need to be ready to repent. The temptations will still be there because the devil knows that it is a weak spot. At first repenting is going to seem too difficult and tiring, but it's worth it. I can't do it alone but I CAN do it with the Lord. When we ask the Lord for forgiveness we need to also ask Him to help us get through this. Temptation is always going to be there, but God will always be there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment