Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tiny Sigh Of Relief.

It is now almost two months since I had surgery. I haven't been back to school, and I haven't done any school work. When the tutor came at the end of march, he dumped a huge load of work on me. I had two books to read, and projects to complete, along with an endless supply of tests. Even now, I still sleep for half of the day, and then I go to physical therapy. I could not figure out how I was going to make up the work. I felt like all of the things that cause stress in my life, were dumped on my lap all at once. I was upset, and felt like I was going to do the work, but delay my recovery.

I prayed, but not hard enough to deserve what the Lord had in store for me. He once again went right through my doubt and answered my prayer. It did not happen like I thought it would but that's the beauty in the Lord's work. Sometimes we miss the answers that He sends us, because we aren't looking for His answer, we are stuck in our world pretending that the Lord is ignoring you. I had a meeting at school last week. I was extremely anxious because, one, I hadn't been in that school for over a month, and two, those meetings never went well. I went into prayer, but I let my anxiety take over, and I didn't put my heart into my prayer. This is more proof that the Lord shows us mercy, and by His grace, we are blessed.

When I entered the meeting, and even during the meeting, I was nervous and uncomfortable. I wanted more than anything to leave the school and go home. The meeting didn't take long, but it helped. They suggested that I do my english class and my history class online so that I could work on it whenever I wanted to. It meant that I would still be able to sleep all the time, and that when I felt okay I could get stuff done. It was like lifting that weight off of me so that I could keep going forward and maybe recover. When I got home, and talked it over with my mom, I realized that the Lord had shown me light through this pit of darkness. It is all I ever wanted, and what I needed. God is good, All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment