Sunday, April 3, 2011

Is Time On My Side?

I can't believe that its already April. Growing up we are all told that our young years go by faster than we think. I always looked forward to growing up and going to college, but once I hit high school I realized how fast that future was coming. The thing is, once you hit high school there is no such thing as slowing down. It's a fast pace track to graduation day. Many of my peers are counting the days until they graduate, but I still feel like there is more that I need to do here at home. I have prayed for time to slow down and give me the chance to appreciate what I have here, and what I have done for the past eighteen years.

Time, however, is not something I can control. None of us can. The Lord has our plan and He will bring us to the future. I am nervous to be out "on my own". All the training at school was for educational purposes, not the emotions that come along with that much of a transition. At some point or another the adults in our lives have felt what we feel now. It's hard to listen to them "relate" to us because the age difference seems monumental. For years now, I have also prayed that the Lord would let me get into a great college and a great career. Now I pray for guidance in choosing the right school and following what He wants for me. It would be easier to give up, but results come from work.

While I wait on His time, it seems like time here is flying by. I can't get everything into each day that I want to. I find myself disappointed at times because I want to give more time to the Lord but then I have homework and scholarship essays. My excuses are endless. We all try to justify everything that happens in our lives. I feel that I need to have a reason for not spending a ton of time with the Lord, but that isn't what He is looking for. I can't make a plan for my future if the Lord isn't the biggest part of my life. He knows what is coming in my life, and when we are overwhelmed like I am about all of this, we go to the Lord. He is the decision maker in our lives. I am interested to see what He has ready for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment