Thursday, April 7, 2011

Need a Dose of God?

Right now I am up to my ears in medication. I even have tried the herbal stuff. It isn't working anymore, nor is it bringing me any relief. I take what I can so that my pain is lessened, but I can't keep the pain gone. It is a place that I hate being in. Pain, with no visible way out. So many of us live in pain, but some find a way to stop the hurt. All I do really, is sleep. I take medication to put me to sleep, and then I don't feel pain. While I sleep though, time goes on. I feel like I am wasting my time sleeping, but I won't stop because it is my way out. I can name at least 100 people in my life that are taking some sort of medication to make it through the day.

It's frustrating to try everything that exists, but get no relief. Maybe we are all going about this the wrong way. I personally pray that the Lord send me the right doctors, and a medication that works. As the days go by my prayers come from my heart a little less every time. I feel like I am stuck, and there is no way to get away from this pain. Then today I thought about healing. I struggle with the idea of man being able to heal anyone, and work miracles. Many tell me that I am wrong, and that the Bible says that there are some people who can heal, through the Lord's will. My mom got me a Bible study about healing, in hopes that I will find some way to understand the Lord's miracles.

I believe that along with that, what I really need, is a good dose of the Lord. It sounds weird to say it like that, but it's true. I need to give all of my pain to Him, and let Him deal with it, HIS way. Maybe instead of that extra dose of pain killers, I go to the Lord. Just like everything that crosses my path, it will take work, and time, but I still put my trust in the Lord, and I know that He will get me out of this. I challenge you, along with myself, to spend this week filling your hearts with love from the Lord. You might find a little peace in the mess you feel you are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment