Monday, April 4, 2011

Where Is God In Your Life?

We accept Jesus in our hearts, and we worship the Lord. We are taught from a young age that we are constantly building your relationship with the Lord. They tell us that we have to read the Bible, and pray everyday, so that we don't lose God in our lives. I have always found that absurd. How could anyone just forget about the Lord? Well lately this has come up in my life. I am so overwhelmed with my worldly stress, that I haven't truly been working on my relationship with God. I "forget" to pray every night and I don't even know that I'm doing something wrong.

We can all make excuses, I have some too, just like you. I take medication that puts me to sleep, so it "couldn't be my fault". In all actuality it is my fault. I could be praying before I take my medication. It begins maybe, as an innocent mistake, but then you get stuck in a downward spiral. God is still there, but you have closed yourself off to Him. We become so focused on everything else, and not what we are commanded in the Bible. If our life were a circle, we put God on the outside, when we SHOULD put Him in the center.

You might think that you are in a great place with God, so you don't have to work as hard as you have been, but that's a lie, that you are choosing to believe. When you feel this way, you are in danger. You are following what you want to, NOT what God has commanded of you. You have also then taken your life into your own hands. At first it may seem nice, but sooner or later, when you realized that you have strayed, you may not know how to come back.

Take a look at your life right now and figure out where you are with God. If you find that you have strayed, take this chance and go back to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment