Friday, September 21, 2012

Birthday Blessings

I love birthdays., especially other people's birthdays. Birthday's serve as a celebration of life and love and family. I have always gotten so frustrated when ever anyone said that they hate birthdays. God created each and every one of us. He is the reason that we are alive, and for me, He is the reason I love to celebrate.

Today is my moms birthday, and growing up she always made our birthdays special. In my family when it is someone's birthday we have dinner with my grandparents and some other relatives. It is not a party, rather a gathering of loved ones. We come together as a family to celebrate the life that God blessed us with. I see this day as the day that God blessed this earth with my grandparents only daughter, its the day He blessed my father with his wife, and its the day that He blessed my siblings and I with an amazing and beautiful mother.

This post is not a long one because I am spending the rest of the day with the birthday girl! So I challenge you to remind others and even yourself what a gift it is to celebrate your birthday and others birthday. Remember also, to turn to God and thank Him for the beautiful life He created. Celebrate the wonderful work of Christ.

 Happy Birthday Mom! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment