Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Looking for the Pause Button!

This week is one of those weeks that I wish I could slow down and catch my breath. From the second I got back to school on Sunday until now my brain has been completely focused on all of the assignments that I have to get done, and the pressure of passing my first official exam. No matter what  I do to try and relax I can't stop wondering if I am going to fail. I haven't been able to sleep because I know that when I wake up I have to face more work. It seems never ending, and each time that I hand in one essay or one presentation, another one is created for me to do. The stress is getting to me, but there is nothing I can do except meet deadlines and stay focused.

Outside of school I still have many commitments, so even when I finish an assignment I can't take a breath because then I realize something else I have to do before I go home on Friday. I feel so guilty when I have had any fun this week because I really do not have time for fun if I am going to get everything done. I expect so much from myself, which is where most of my pressure comes from. I strive for the best grades and anything lower than the best I see as a personal failure. It is a terrible philosophy but I can't get it out of my head.

The only thing that I make enough time for, is studying the Word, and worshiping the Lord. Being in the Word and devoting time to God is the only thing that relaxes me right now. However I have spent so much time worrying that I never thought about turning all of my worries and anxiety over to the Lord. When that is the first thing that I should have done when the stress and over commitments started stacking up.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

In your prayer life this week, if you think of me or other college level students pray that we do not lose our footing, and that we remember to turn our worries and anxiety over to the Lord. I challenge you to look at your life, and the stress that you are facing, and turn it over to God. Let Him take that anxiety and turn it into peace, and remember to stay in the Word because if you are like me at all, the Word is the once place that I find peace in the craziness of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment