Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fill Me Up

I was listening to a song today (I know, what a shock) and it was sung by a girl who was a Christian as a young child, but got caught up in the world. She became a movie star and a successful singer and moved away from her Christian values. This song was her way of confessing that she turned away from God and became part of the world. In her words she says that she gave her soul to the world, but that now she wanted it back. She also said that she thought all she needed was success to feel fulfilled, but once she got that success, it wasn't everything she thought it would be.

Sometimes songs are just songs, and other times the words really hit me. As I listened to her confession and her return to Christ I realized that she's not the only one that this happens to. She said that she knew how to be fulfilled and that the one place she wanted to be was in the open arms of Christ. There have been times along my walk with God that I have tried to stray away because I feel that if I don't I won't have the success that I need. Sometimes doing things His way seems really difficult, and its easy to take another path.

The problem is that once we get to the place we wanted to be, we still feel empty. I am sure that many Christians have stumbled in their past. Things look so great on the other side of things, and you don't stop to ask those other people if they feel fulfilled by their success. Its even harder, in my opinion, to feel success if you turned away from a God that you once knew as your Lord and Savior.

His arms are a safe place for us to be, and the only way that we will ever be fulfilled is through Him and His work in our lives. Things are going to get tough, and the adversary knows our weak spots. He won't back down, but neither can we. If you are reading this and you have strayed away from God in search of worldly success, I want you to know that it doesn't matter how long you turn away, God is standing right beside you to catch you and hold you in His arms.

Just because you have sinned, doesn't mean that He won't take you back. If that were true then I wouldn't be in His arms either. If you are reading this and you are successful, but still empty, I am here to tell you how to fill yourself up. Success without Christ is superficial. It may look great on the outside but you know how empty it feels on the inside. The thing that's missing is God. True, fulfilling success comes through God.

So don't let another day go by with you feeling this empty success. Let God fill your life and your heart. Feel that fullness and success with Jesus in your heart and guiding your life. Let His love surround you.

No comments:

Post a Comment