Thursday, August 21, 2014

Praise You God For Doctors

There is a big controversy (apparently) about Christians taking medication. I have met a few people now, who believe that we should leave it all up to God to deal with. In fact, I went on a blind date, where the guy told me that he didn't believe in medicine. Let's just take a moment to reflect on the fact that I am still single. However, he made me question myself. I wondered if taking medicine was okay for a Christian. I wondered if I was not relying on God by taking medicine.

I made my decision that day, that I would never question any Christian about their decision to take medication. The feeling that I was a bad Christian for using medicine is a feeling I never wish to impose on anyone. Here is the truth, plain and simple: God created man, He created man, and He created this world. This world ended up being full of pain, hurt and disease. God sent His son to save us. He didn't give His only son for us to be here in pain.

I am not an expert on this topic, but I am someone who has multiple diseases. These are painful, and life long diseases. There are so many other people in my life who are suffering from a variety of illnesses. My question for the skeptics is, why would God plan a life for these doctors if He wasn't going to use them to better the lives of His people. Doctors are no different than us, they answer to the same ruler at the end of their lives.

The same goes for the people that sit in a lab and create life changing, life saving medicine. In saying this, I want you to remember that everything we do is in moderation. Once someone starts abusing these medications they are no longer helping, they are hurting. At that point I believe you have crossed a line. If you are using the medication to better your life, or the lives of those around you, then I say go for it.

For years my parents prayed for answers about the pain that my sister and I were in. Later in my life I prayed the same thing. God has provided myself and my family with doctors and medication that literally saved my sisters life. They saved me from having long term physical damages, and they help me lead the life that I believe God wants me to live. Until I get another message from God, I will continue to use medicine and go to doctors. I praise God every single time I wake up and am able to make it through a day with limited pain. I thank Him for giving me a choice. I thank Him for saving my life and my family's as well!

Please consider this before ever telling a Christian that they shouldn't need medication. Even if its for something like anxiety, it doesn't make them a bad Christian for getting help. Someday, we won't need medicine anymore because when we return home to heaven we will be healed and we will be perfect for all of eternity at the right hand of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment