Friday, August 15, 2014

We Are Family

My family is a big family. We are just like every other family. We fight, we hurt each other, we argue, we cry, we say what we don't mean. We also, love, cherish each other, we get along, we hold each other up when everything else is breaking us down. Our home is also open to children who's pasts have caused them great upset. Each of my siblings come from different backgrounds, but the only thing that's really important is where we are now.

As I sit here in our living room, for the first time in a long time, I feel safe. I feel safe in many different ways but there's a certain sense of comfort when we are all joined together. The comfort makes it easy for me to turn to God and thank Him for everything that He has given me. Like the two beautiful little girls sitting in front of me watching one of their new favorite movies (high school musical in case you were wondering). They have been such a blessing in my life.

I thank Him for all the giggles and I thank Him for this special time that we can all spend together this evening. I know that we pray for this special time, but sometimes we don't remember to thank God for giving us these times. There is also something special about spending time with a child that has never had a real family. God has definitely proven to me just how blessed my life has been thus far. Even with all of the medical issues that my sister and I have had, we have always been supported and loved by our parents.

There have been and there are many times where this family is going through a really rough time. This house has made it through numerous temper tantrums, and there have been painful memories made here. Satan got in and would like to hold us hostage in bad times full of grief, but we can't let him. The only time that he can control a family, is if we let him. So even when things are terrible, we have to thank God. We thank Him not for the hurt, but for what He will do in our lives by using that situation.

For those of you who are reading this and maybe don't have a family like mine, I want you to know that you do in fact have a family. When we accept the Lord as our Savior, we are accepted into His family. That means that every other believer is your brother and sister. It doesn't take blood to make you a family. It takes heart. It takes love, and compassion. There will still be fighting and hurt because we are human, therefore, we are sinners. I thank God not only for my family, but my church family as well. We are a true family and we share in the love of Christ.

Don't ever feel that you are alone because when you live with Jesus in your heart, you are NEVER alone and that you have an eternal family in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment