Friday, March 18, 2011

Like A Good Neighbor God's Always There.

I was watching television today, and there was a state farm commercial on. I love their new commercials, they are so funny. Different people find themselves in different situations, and one friend sings the State Farm jingle, and their agent appears. Then the other friend sings it and makes something appear with the agent. I'm sure I heard this idea somewhere, but as I was watching, I thought of God. He is ALWAYS there.

In my life I have tried to hide from God. It sounds silly right now, because I know that God sees everything in my life. When I feel like I am falling apart, and awful things are happening in my life, I would turn to God and blame Him for everything. I tried to make myself believe that He wasn't there, and that He wasn't listening to me. It was easier to believe that, than to admit that I was just not calling on Him. I think that I was trying to push out the one solid thing in my life. With God, you can never really fall apart because He won't let you.

We play the blame game and the anger card. There is so much making us feel chaotic, that we want to pick a central area to place all of that anger and all of that blame. When we finally bury ourselves deep enough, we won't find rock bottom. We will find ourselves faced with a choice, give up and the Lord will hold you from falling, or reach out and accept the God's outstretched arm. No matter where you are, or what you've done, when you call on the name of our Lord, He will be there.

So God holds true to the state farm jingle. He is always there. However, in the commercial the clients sing the jingle to get their agents to appear, but with God, you don't have to speak a word, and He is there. It is a gift, and a promise that was made to us. In the second half of Matthew 28:20 the Lord said, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

No comments:

Post a Comment