Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Medical Update.

I have been blogging about my medical issues this past month. There have been a lot. It has been a long hard test that is driving me insane. I go through good nights and bad just like everyone else. I do sometimes ask God why He is doing this to me, only to be reminded that He is NOT doing it to me. I know that He will get me through this, but sometimes I forge. This is where my accountability partner steps in and makes me actually think about who I am placing the blame on, and where it really should be. Right now I am very very tired, and I didn't blog yesterday and I am not sure that I will tomorrow.

Yesterday my mom took me to one of the best hospitals in the state. I go there for my arthritis, and I was really looking forward to finally getting the help that I needed. I got to the emergency room at 12:30. My mom and I had eaten lunch at 12:00. We checked in and the waiting began. See the only problem with that was that we sat in the waiting room until 4:30. By then I was over heated and on the number scale, my pain was a ten. Three nurses came in to ask me all the same questions, yet none of them would give me any pain killers. Finally they gave me the IV medicine that worked well when I was in the hospital the last time, but the nurse only put half of the dose in that I always got. Of course it didn't work.

Twenty minutes later I went into X-ray, and then back to the room, where two different ortho people came and played with my knee. The women said that she needed to stick a needle into my knee and suck stuff out. She said that I would be put to sleep before it, and that made me feel better. Then, the ER nurse came in and told me that the atending said no to the sedative. She gave me an anti-anxiety medication. I received no pain killers, or numbing stuff. I felt everything that they did to my knee.

Then hallucinations began to arrive in my head. It was the worst feeling in the world. I tried to tell the nurse what was wrong but she just left me. I then began to have a seizure. Nothing was working, and the ER nurse told me that it was my fault because I was too anxious. A few minutes later, I couldn't feel my face, and then my arms and soon my legs. After a few more awful things happened, they gave me benadryl. I felt very sick all of a sudden, and I asked the nurse for medication. She said that she couldn't because it would have been too much for me, but at the other hospital I got it when I needed it. After that I threw up. I hadn't eaten in 12 hours at that point so it was not good. Then she gave me more nausea medication.

 The ortho people wanted to keep me over night, but then the ER docs put a little more of the pain killer into me and sent me home. Today was not good at all. I needed to stay at the hospital. My mom filled me with sleeping pills today so that I didn't have to be awake to feel the pain. I am so blessed to have her with me. Tomorrow I am going with my dad to the doctor. I am not looking forward to it, because through all of this I have been with my mom. Shes my mommy. I love my dad so much, but like every other kid when I am sick its mom I run to. He tries his best but hes still a dad. I am just going to have to give it to God and not let my anxiety wash over me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment