Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We Are the Body Of Christ.

The title Church is held very high in the relm of expectations. Inside the building there are supposed to be prim and proper church- goers. At most churches, that is not even close to words of description. Churches are filled with sinners. Every single person sins. A church is a place of worship, where Christians can come together in fellowship, and learn about the Lord. No one is perfect in the church, that title of perfection comes by those who have never set foot into the building. Those who are on the inside, know that every church has a family inside of it.

I love to call the members of my church, my family. The bond in a place of worship is amazing... sometimes. I cannot lie and say that we are all the perfect cookie cutter church body. I don't think any church could fit in that mold. Just like in a family, people fight. Those fights, or times of tention test the strength of that particular church family. Those who leave, will forever leave a mark in our family. I myself have been hurt many times at my church, but I have always seen everyone there as my family. When someone hurts us, we need to forgive. No matter how mad I am at my siblings, or how frustrated I get with my parents, we fix things and move forward.

I believe that God is in the church during times of struggle. Those who believe that the church has lost sight of the Lord, need to think again. The Lord never leaves, the people inside of the church change. I also believe that in a family we need to help each other, and build each other up, and let go of past wrong-doings, so that we can set the church body on fire for the Lord. We also need to remember who we are coming to worship every Sunday. We cannot let ourselves come to church, just to see our friends.

I am guilty of bringing drama to the church, but I am not alone. I had to learn that my behavior was not that of a Christian, and that I was bringing my sin to church, but never asking the Lord for forgiveness. There was a time, when I felt not welcomed, because my friends like someone else better than me. I have been able to look back on that, and see how wrong I was. I made church, like school. There was drama, gossip, bullying and harshness. I am glad that I continued to come, and that with the Lord, my past mistakes were forgiven. I am not the only one who is guilty of that. Others still drag their dirty laundry to church and use worship as the time to be angry as a fellow church member.

Not one of us is a perfect person. The church is made up of sinners, ask any church member. The little quirks and patched up wounds bring us to where we are now. My church changes constantly, but we are Gods people, and together as the Church family, we face each test that comes our way. Christians are people too. We don't enter the church and become perfect people, we bring our lives and our journeys in, and together we can usually create something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment