Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thank You For Healing

A few weeks ago while I was in prayer I got this sense of forgiveness rush through me. I didn't understand it and I wasn't sure what to make of that feeling. I felt forgiveness toward situations that happened a long time ago and situations that I haven't thought about for months. I didn't tell anyone about the feeling because I wasn't even sure what I was feeling forgiveness about. I prayed about it but I was afraid that the answer God would give me would put me in an uncomfortable position. In order to have total forgiveness I would have to admit that I was also in the wrong.

I was able to brush that situation under the rug for a while because so many other things were going on in my life. I thought that I had moved on from that whole situation but last night I found out that I was wrong. I may have thought that my job was done and that I wiped my hands of the topic, but God knew better. I prayed for so long about an issue that occurred well over a year ago. I moved forward with my life but I felt that God never really answered my prayer. As time passed the wounds seemed to lessen and I figured that must have been my answer. The truth is though, that I wasn't listening to God I was choosing my own way to go about this and I chose the answer that I wanted to hear. I wanted to be right, and in order to do that I had to ignore the words of the Lord.

I was looking over a very important piece of information that I would have found in the Word if I were actually looking.
"My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body." Proverbs 4:20-22

Someone reached out to me last night asking for forgiveness and I realized that it was God. This was His plan all along but I just needed to wait for His answer. The feeling that I had all those weeks ago was in fact forgiveness. Just talking to this person washed feelings of relief and a sort of peace about everything that was in our past. I finally felt like I could move forward, and move on in a Godly way. Once I finally listened God answered my prayer after all this time. I did not deserve to get an answer after all of this time because it was my fault that it took so long to hear the answer.

Today, tomorrow and always, I thank God for healing, repairing and forgiveness. It was a wonderful surprise last night to receive healing and understanding. I get so excited and on fire for the Lord when He presents Himself to me in ways that I would never have imagined. I am blessed to have Christ in my life and His wonderful works in my life. I challenge you to open your ears and listen to what God has to say. Even when you feel like giving up on someone or a situation don't. Remember that God loves you and He has a plan for everything in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment