Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank You Lord

The days leading up to this one have been busy, hectic, stressful and exhausting. It is easy to forget in the process, why we are so busy preparing and stressing. Yesterday while on the road I grew less and less thankful. People were screaming at each other through car windows, I was almost hit on three different occasions and a motor cycle tried to race my car and shout profanity in the process. I am a rule follower, so I do not typically speed even when I may need to because by following the rules I have a better chance of staying safe. I just sat in the car praying for forgiveness for my anger and asking for a redirection for my anger.

The day has finally come and family is on their way to my home for the Thanksgiving day family feast. All day my parents, siblings and aunt have been preparing and growing more and more tired of being in the same room as the other. I was getting really frustrated, you would be too if you were in the same room with eight people for hours on end with no escape. I am also a perfectionist, so I have high expectations for everyone in my home even though I shouldn't. I have tried to make everything perfect for this holiday but in the process I have lost sight of the fun and fellowship that can happen on this day.

When my friends began telling me what they were thankful for I started to think about that. All that I could come up with was that I was thankful for was the fact that I had the rest of this week off from school. The heat of the house was getting to me so I decided to put on my heals and hang lights up on our deck. It was so refreshing and it was finally quiet. I was able to get a totally different perspective on this day and I had time to spend in prayer with the Lord, with no interruptions or noise.

I am so thankful for so many things in my life and all around me. I am thankful for my family, even though they drive me crazy sometimes. I am thankful for all of the wonderful people that God has placed in my life. I am also thankful for all of the trials that I have faced because they have been a test of my faith and have drawn me closer to the Lord. I am thankful for all of the opportunities that have come my way and all of the doors that have been opened.

The most important thing that we need to remember on this day is:
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever" 
Psalm 136:1-3

Above all I am most thankful for the Lord. So on this day make sure that you separate from your family for just a moment and remember to thank our Creator for all that He has done and has yet to do in all of our lives. God Bless you all and have a Happy and Uplifting Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment