Monday, November 5, 2012

Weight of the World

It is no secret that I am the type of person who needs stucture and organization to get through each day. To best explain what I am trying to say, I'm going to let you inside of my head, figuratively speaking of course.  In my head I put everything into these little boxes so that I can deal with one thing at a time. This system has worked for me for many years. Sometimes I mix things together but God always helps me put everything back together. God has tested me of course but I've always made it through. Mind you, this box system is only how I deal with problems, or the different tribulations that I have faced.

Right now I feel like all of those boxes were dumped out and I don't know how, or where to start picking up the pieces. I do not like this feeling of not being in control, and not being able to fix anything. I like to fix things, I like to solve problems and I like to do them in order of importance. However, I can't figure out which things in my life are the most important and need to be dealt with immediately. I do not like telling people when I am at my weakest point, nor do I like letting people know how I deal with everything that goes on in my life. In my prayers today I felt led to share all of this. I kept asking God if He was sure, knowing full well that He was sure, I was just hoping that He would change His mind.

I have a lot on my plate right now and I wish that I could just make it all go away but I can't. I am usually very good at juggling school, time with my family and friends, Church, and times of trial. This is just one of those times where I feel like things just keep getting worse, and I sit here and wonder when it is all going to end, or if it is ever going to end. I am trapped in my own negative thoughts and I am not looking up and trusting that He will protect me and take care of me.

My hope has been renewed by the Word.
"We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed" 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

I have heard this verse time after time growing up. Those words have been used in songs throughout the years. Even though I knew this verse it didn't really have a significant meaning to me until now. When I was feeling strong and in control that verse didn't seem to apply to me. Now this verse is something that I am studying and memorizing in a different context than I have memorized it before. I am overwhelmed and even though I feel like I am holding the weight of the world with no help, I have to realize that I am not alone. I am not fighting through all of this alone. God is not going to let me be crushed by everything that I am dealing with. It is with His strength that I will have any chance at making it through this.

So if you are having one of those days or weeks in your life like I am having right now, there are a few things that I believe you should consider doing. First of all admit that you are overwhelmed. Second, admit that you need help and that you can fix this on your own. Third turn everything that is overwhelming you, over to God.  Finally, take a deep breath and trust that God is listening to our cry for help and remember that He has promised to help us and to love us. I will spend the rest of this week in prayer over this matter, and I hope you will add it to your list of prayers as well. Pray for those that are feeling this way and ask that God help them as He has helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment