Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Accountability Partners

The Lord provides for us all the time. He put the resources and people that we need, in our lives. Each one of us has the opportunity to find, what I call our accountability partner. Mine is my very best friend Catherine. These people aren't just the ones that you go shopping with, or the ones that you walk the track with. These are the people that you can tell anything to, and they will provide clear Christian guidance, and if they can't they will lead you to someone that can. They are there to remind you to pray and read your Bible. Catherine and I pray together sometimes because we need someone to keep us on track as we grow in our faith. The Lord does not expect us to do it all on our own. Sometimes when we fall, we need someone to help us remember who gave us the life that we live. I could not be where I am now without Catherine. Part of digging deep into your faith is surrounding yourself with the right people, and for me that is her. She always makes sure that I am reading my Bible and praying whenever something is wrong. I do the same for her. We can bounce difference ideas off of each other and ask whether what we are doing is Godly.

Hebrews 10:24-25, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching." The Lord has not left us alone. He does not expect us to be perfect, and to encourage ourselves. Sometimes we feel run down, and we just want to give up, but when we have accountability partners, they are there to remind us that what we are doing is a good thing. They become our prayer partners, and our fellow Christians, that "have your back". I know that no matter what happens, I have Catherine, and when I want to give up on God, she will hang on for the both of us. This goes both ways. We are there to serve God, and keep each other on track! Do you have an accountability partner? If you don't there are many waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment