Friday, February 11, 2011

Surrounded By God's People.

Although we are supposed to go out and evanelize, we need to remember who we are hanging around. Everyone that we come in contact with has some influence on us. Whether it be good or bad. We need to be careful what we put into our lives, and that includes the people. God always put people in our path that we need, but the world is there also. The devil will out the wrong people in our way so that he can try to make us stumble. It is not our job to condemn those people, or try to hurt them and make them believe in the Lord. It is, however, our job to make sure that every person that comes in our path gets the chance to hear the Lord's message. We do not have to be friends with them, because they might trip us up, but we need to make an effort to help them hear the Word. I have come across so many of those people that come into my life, just to mess up my relationship with the Lord.

If we make friends with the people that are of the world, we must let them go. We cannot let that seep into our lives and pull us away, but we also cannot just dump those friends and hang them out to dry. We have to be careful that we show them what a Christian and follower of Christ should be doing. I have gone through so many different situations to get where I am now. I have also had to let some of my friends go because they were not building me up in Christ, they were trying to bring the world into me. For some I let it happen because I was blind, but the older I have gotten, I have become more aware of when I am being dragged down and I can stop it. I am no where near experienced enough to really be advising anyone on this subject, but I can tell you how I got through different situations.

The Lord has brought me through many losses, and I have gained many healthy, long lasting Christian relationships. He has provided for me, when I thought that I had no other choice but to stay friends with a wordly person. I have learned a lot, but I have so much more still to go. I have hurt people on my way here, but I have also received their forgiveness. The Lord will not leave you all alone, but you have to make an effort to use everything that He has provided for you, and that includes the people that He has put into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment