Monday, February 14, 2011

Diving Deep In the Word.

Last night I was having a difficult time coming to terms with everything that happened this past weekend. Then I received a message from my very best friend, who the Lord has blessed me with, and she told me to read Psalm 37. When I sat down and read it, I was brought to tears. No matter what happens to me or to anyone we can give it to the Lord and He will bless us with everything we need to make it through. This weekend left me feeling like I was standing under a rain cloud and no matter what I did I couldn't get out from underneath it. Today I was blessed by people that love me, and people that want to help me. This is not just worldly luck, it is the Lord sending me what I need to make it through another week without giving up sleeping forever. Life may be rough, but we have to stay here and lead the life that God wants us to. In order to do that we must trust Him and give everything to Him.

This week my major problems were people that have hurt me in the past, coming back and hurting me again. I want to hate them and I want them to leave me alone, but the Lord has said, "Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass, they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die." Psalm 37:1-2. If we are always worrying about being hurt by everyone around us, we are not leading a life that is giving glory to God. This is why we must read the Word. The Lord gave us a weapon against evil, and something to give us His messages when we feel that He is not responding to us.

Reading further into Psalm 37, I found the wisdom for all of the questions that I have been asking. "Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways; when they carry out their wicked schemes, refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret it only leads to evil." Psalm 37: 7-8. It was rather interesting to me that although this was written so long ago, it applies to my life so well. I have been sitting with anger over what happened to me. It was unrighteous and ungodly. Going into the Word showed me what I have been doing wrong. I cannot complain about what others are doing to me, when I am so quick to anger. The Lord will take care of all of the people that are causing me this great pain, and they will face Him one day and have to explain what they have done in their evil ways! I am forgiven for everything that I have done, but for now I need to keep these verses close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment