Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Priority Check

Back on January first, I made a promise that I would blog every single day, to go along with the daily devotion that I was (am) doing. I thought that it would be easy to do for the first few months of the year, and then get harder as I got into the spring. Well, I am very disappointed in myself. I am slacking on my devotions, and because I am so busy doing everything that I do, I am not putting my all into anything that I am doing. I am not using my talents that the Lord gave me to the fullest that I should be. I feel like a robot when I read the Bible, and do the devotion, I just do the same routine everyday, and I no longer am feeling excited about that. I feel like the fire inside me is burning out. I need to refuel it and start being enthusiastic about everything that I do, because I am doing it for the glory of the Lord. I am not taking my walk seriously enough and that needs to change. That's why today, I think that it is about time for another priority check. We need to take another inventory of our lives where they are in 2011 and make sure that our hearts and minds are in the right place. We need to be serving God, and doing everything for the glory of the Lord. I know that I am selectively doing that and I need to fix it.

We need to remember to fight that mental battle every single day, and win because we are to be God centered people and if we aren't, then that makes us of the world. Someone once told me that we may be IN the world but we many not be OF the world. In Romans 7:21-23 it says, "When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin." Satan loves it when we are walking on our path, and we trip. He will wait for us to fall, so that he can catch us. We must not let that happen. So I have done my priority check, and I now need to make sure that instead of putting me first, I put God as my center and do everything, remembering who put me here in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment