Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Is God Ignoring Me?

Sometimes I feel like God is just ignoring me. I am calling out to Him and I think that I am getting no answers. The truth is that He is listening and giving me answers, but they may not be the ones that I wanted, so I am ignoring them. I go into things without asking for His help, and although He is there ready to help me, He is waiting for me to ask. I feel so alone during these "battles" but really I don't need to. Sometimes I just want to cry, but the tears won't come out because God is stopping them. He knows what we want, but He also knows what we need. I need to learn to give my hurt and my battles over to Him so that He can fight them, and I don't have to become so weak.

Then there are the times that I call upon the Lord yet again because I am having yet another problem. I then feel like I am asking way too much from God. I end up feeling like all I ever do is ask the Lord to fight my many battles for me. It leaves me feeling guilty, like I am asking way too much of God. Nothing is too much for the Lord. We can always ask, and He will always answer. It is important that we remember, that when we are hurting, the Lord hurts too. He sees every tear that falls, and every battle that we are trying to fight. I pray all the time, but I need to make sure that my heart is in the right place when I am asking for help. The Lord promises that He is there listening to us, but we need to be ready to get an answer that maybe we won't like.

"For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity, I am troubled by my sin. Many are those who are my vigorous enemies, those who hate me without reason are numerous. Those who repay my good with evil slander me when I pursue what is good." Psalm 38: 17-20. We just need to confess it all to the Lord and tell Him what is going on in our lives that brings us so much pain. Once we have done that, He is there to help us get through it and be happy once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment