Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm A Belonger.

In the sermon that pastor gave on Sunday I was trying to figure out the main idea. He kept using the word "belong". Then he used the phrase "It is not a belief system, it is a belong system". At first I laughed because I knew that, that wasn't a real word. Then I really sat and thought about it. In all reality our faith is not just a belief, it means that we belong. We are children of the Lord. We belong to our faith. Therefore we are belongers. Pastor continued to use the word belong. It is by God's love that we are able to know that we belong. We have a place waiting for us in the kingdom of heaven. I know where I belong. Do you?

It's a rather deep question that takes a lot of thought. One of my new favorite quotes is, "Church is not something you go to, it's something you belong to!" That amazes me. We belong to the church. We make up the body of Christ. Church is our sanctuary, and we belong there. I have a sense of peace in knowing that I do not just attend the place of worship, I belong there. Think about that. We make up the body of the church too. We keep the spirit flowing through the building and we spread the word of God. It is our job to minister to the Lords people.

The very first quote explains what we are to be when we have accepted the Lord as our savior. He has done so much for us and He has given us a place in heaven. We belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment