Thursday, January 6, 2011

Persistance.

Today I found myself wanting to give everything up for a day of sleep. I almost did too. I woke up rather late and then fell back to sleep and had to rush around to get ready for school. We all have good days and bad. Mine was average. I got to go to church and play some basketball, and then I went to praise team practice. With my new outlook on life I feel that I must be positive all the time. Since this concept is kind of new to me, it wears me out. I almost didn't want to write anything today because I'm so exhausted, but here I am because I made a promise to myself and to God that I would blog and do a Bible study every single night. I am slowly learning the lesson of perseverance and dedication to the Lord. He never gives up on us no matter what we do. It's not like we even deserve it, but we get it anyway. As I continue this journey I know that there will be more nights, where I feel like I have nothing to write, or I think that I am too tired, but this is my commitment to worshiping the Lord. I keep going because he keeps going. It is our duty as disciples of the Lord to be diligent in everything that we do, and keep it so that we are pleasing God. "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29. The Lord will give us what we need to keep going and we should use that to the fullest because its a gift. Because of the Lord I am able to persevere and keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment