Friday, January 28, 2011

Got Too Much On Your Mind?

When I went into prayer today, I asked the Lord to show me something that will help me with the way that I have been feeling. I have already told you that I am so tired, and that I am doing so much work. I am feeling rather overwhelmed with everything. I don't want to give up anything that I am doing because I like it all, and I feel that I am doing the Lords work through everything that I am involved in. I am feeling that I am pushing myself so hard to get everything done, and that there is not enough time in the day to get it done. Sometimes I am dissapointed with myself that I cannot accomplish everything. I have missed some deadlines and I haven't done some of my work to my best ability. It's hard to get everything done and perfect the first time.

I don't know about you, but for me I lay down at night ready to get some rest, and then I end up laying there just thinking about everything that still has to get done, and everything that I didn't finish that day. I Am finding it hard to rest. The Lord spoke to us about everything that we go through in His word. When I wasn't even looking for that, I stumbled upon Psalm 4:8, "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, makes me dwell in safety". He is here to keep our hearts and minds safe while we sleep. He gives us what we need to rest. So when we are finding that we cannot sleep, we know that it is because we haven't turned it over to the Lord.

I know that for tonight I will pray my heart and soul out to the Lord because when I do I know that I will be at peace, and I will get the sleep that I have been waiting for. A lot is going on all around me and many situations make me feel like I'm drowning, but for now at least the Lord will take them all away and let me rest until I am refreshed and ready to face them all in the morning with the Lord at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment