Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jealousy, Fear, Blame, Weakness: No More.

Negative emotions eat away at us every single day. We are part of the problem. When someone criticizes us we take it to heart, and we lock it inside and remind ourselves everyday of that criticism. We bring ourselves down and feel like we are less than everyone else. When it gets really bad, we feel that we are not as important as other people are in Gods eyes. Sometimes, we just need a reminder that God sees us as equally important. The girl that you call miss popularity, is no more special in God's eyes than you are. We condemn ourselves all the time, we are upset, and then we bring that into the world, and bring other people down. I know that I do it all the time, sarcasm is my defense against people. I am jealous of what others have, or their confidence, and I try to hurt them and bring them down to "my level". Inside I know that what I am doing, is wrong, and I feel the guilt.

We create these problems for ourselves as we try to keep God from seeing the pain and the anger that we hold inside. What we all need to realize is that God sees everything that we do and he knows everything that we think and say, before we think or say it. Trying to fix that guilt that we feel is not what we are supposed to be doing. Our pain, and jealousy and blame needs to be given to God, because He is a forgiving God and he will take your sins and get rid of them, He did die to save us after all. Just today, I looked around the basketball court and saw everyone running around and having fun after practice, but because of what we had just done at practice my pain consumed me and I couldn't walk. I sometimes find myself wishing that I could be someone else because they are so "lucky". God has convicted me for this feeling of jealousy, and I know that I would never trade the life I have. I might be in pain, but my pain has given me compassion and understanding for anyone who has a harder time getting through life than someone else might. I am blessed to know the Lord. I no longer pity myself, or hold a guilt that came along with that self pity. I have given it to the Lord and he took care of me and took my sin away.

We need to know that making mistakes does not make us weak, it makes us human, and the sinful people that we are born as. We can find much strength through the Lord. We can find peace and we can put to rest our fears that take over our lives. "Do not let this Book of the law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:8-9. We can rest and know that we are always important to the Lord, even when we do not feel important at all. The Lord takes care of us and forgives us of our mistakes. He is our amazing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment