Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are You Feeling Tired?

I have been doing a lot lately. I don't have a job, but I volunteer for everything that I can. I enjoy the work that I do. This week was finals week, so I spent all of my free time studying. Then there was an excess of snow, so we missed some school and I just spent that time studying. When it came time to actually take the finals I was exhausted. My friends had stopped studying, but I didn't want to. I figured that if I just kept studying I would do well on my finals. While taking one of my finals yesterday I almost fell asleep, I was exhausted. I was kind of disapointed in myself. I pushed myself too hard. When I got home, I got more work done, but I figured that I would do my Bible study later. Then when later came around, I fell asleep. My body just kind of shut down, I was too tired to do anything. I realize that I honestly do not have good time management. I am not leaving enough time for God. I need to give more of my time to him, and less to everything else that I am involved in.

In my devotion today it said that the Lord is not looking for the people that have their lives together and think that they don't need help. He is looking for those of us who know that we need Him every single day. I know that He is listening to me and that He is ready for me to lean on Him and stop trying to prove that I can do everything. In Mark 2:17 the Lord days, "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the rightious, but the sinners.' ". He came to save us all. He is not looking for perfection, or those who try to go about life doing everything by themselves. He is making us realize that we cannot do it all alone. I know that I do too much, and that I think that I can do it all by myself, but days like yesterday bring me back to the reality that I do not have enough strength to do it all.

He also wants us to realize that we do not need to prove ourselves. We do not need to earn our love from the Lord, He gave it to us freely. "For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10. The Lord made it known to us that we are not to do work to earn our way to heaven. We must not work to brag either, we must work because the Lord has called us to do so. My exhaustion comes from me trying to do everything by myself, and to prove myself to the Lord. The truth is that none of us are worthy of His amazing love, but He gave it to us. He is wonderful, and we must always call on His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment