Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The World's Clutch.

Yesterday is proof that the world still gets to us. Although forgetting to blog doesn't seem like a crisis, to me, it meant not getting deep into the word yesterday. I am dissapointed in myself, and that although I am being a stonger Christian the world can still latch on and take hold. The Lord did not let me go for very long, because the moment I woke up this morning I realized that I had forgotten to blog and read my daily scripture. We must realize as Christians, that spiritual warfare rages on, but we need not be afraid because God is by our side. Satan is going to use the world to try to trip us up, but when we fall we must remember to get back up and keep growing with God.

We can live, "being confident of this, that he who began good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" Philippians 1:6. I love when I am looking for a verse in the Bible, and I come across another one that fits me perfectly and fits what I need. The Lord will carry you even when you stumble. He won't let go. It was just one day, that I missed, but the Lord did not let me fall on my face. He held me up and forgave me when I asked for it. There are times that we will get caught up in everything that we are involved with, and forget who gave us life and who saved us. It seems impossible to forget our glorious father, but satan is always working at it.

I am blessed to be able to read in scripture and have the discipline that I have. It has been a long time in the making to get where I am, but it is only through the grace of God that I'm here today. I give it all to Him and He blesses me. So today I am going back into the word and growing stronger, through prayer and through worship. God bless everyone on this snow day, and I pray for safety for those who have to be on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment