Monday, January 24, 2011

Do I Really Have to Love Everyone?

I am noticing that lately my anger with people has been coming back. I figured that since I was doing so well with my emotions, that I did not need prayer in that area of my life. I was quite mistaken. I am back to praying for forgiveness and assistance. The power of prayer is endless. I feel however that I have let the Lord down. He has provided me with the constant wisdom and commands, but I have begun to overlook them. More specifically I have begun to ignore Luke 10:27, "He answered, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and will all your strength and will all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself'". I am struggling the most lately, with the last part. Loving my neighbor as myself. When I see mean people and rude people, my first instinct is to roll my eyes and glare. I know that this is not what I should be doing, since the lessons in Sunday School, the youth lessons and the Sunday morning sermons have been about all of this, that the Lord is trying to tell me something.

One of the hardest things for me to do is love everyone unconditionally. I look at people walking by, and I pass judgment on them. The Lord clearly states that it is not my right to do so but when I am not working through the Lord and for the Lord, I lose  a part of myself. My walk with God can be faltered by these tiny mistakes. They will continue to build on each other until I forget my values. I am placing my trust in the Lord that through Him  I will be able to forgive those who have wronged me and learn to love everyone. It will take me a while, but I have time. I am fighting a raging war in my mind. I love the Lord with all of my heart, and all of my soul, but my mind and strength appear to be lacking. This week I will dive even deeper into prayer and work through this. Instead of glaring at those who I feel deserve my judgments, I will pray for them because maybe something is wrong and they need to find God. I must follow the Lord's commands, and what better way to do it than with Him by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment