Friday, January 14, 2011

Giving Testimony.

I was asked to give a testimony for tomorrow. I have been thinking about it all week, trying to figure out what I am going to say. I have written some ideas down and tried to piece together exactly what I want to say. I have come up pretty empty with ideas, and with what I have, I do not sound very prepared. The problem that I am facing, is not that I have no testimony to give, it's that I'm searching for a testimony in the wrong places.

We are supposed to let God speak through us. I want Him to use me as a voice to His people. I realize that the only thing that can prepare me for tomorrow is getting into the word and praying. I have turned it over to the Lord, and I am no longer nervous to give a testimony, because I know that He will prepare me and that whatever He wants me to say, will be on my heart tomorrow morning ready for me to share. A lot has happened to me over this week, and I would like to be able to share it with families who may not hear any other message for the entire week. I know that I could be the one voice that they hear, or I could say something that sticks with one of these families at Upward. I gave it to God and am listening for His reply. I have a peace that tomorrow it will not be difficult to share whatever testimony God has laid on my heart.

I already know that the Lord is working in my life and I am excited to see how He uses me tomorrow to continue my journey and the journey of others that will hear my message tomorrow. As we say, "God is Good", "All the time" and "All the time", "God is Good"

No comments:

Post a Comment