Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back To Life.

This winter break has been a time of reflection and relaxation for me. It was a break from the weekly tests, and the high school drama (to an extent). I spent time with the people that I love, and it was peaceful. I felt that I had more time to spend with God, and time to feel good about life. As we head back to school and others back to work, I'm feeling some anxiety. I am nervous to go back to school and face the test that is waiting, and to fall right back into step with high school drama. I fear that I will be sucked away from God. I have to remember, however, that I am stronger than that. I have the Lord and just because I will become busier does not mean that I will loose my time with him. I will use my favorite popcorn prayers. They will help get me through all of the trivial things that interupt my day. Tomorrow is the Lords day, so I will take my prayers to the alter because I feel closest to God when I am there. Until then I will continue to read into his word. He gives me the comfort that I need to keep going through all of the things that cause me this anxiety. "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippeans 4:6-7. God promises not to leave us with anxiety, and I put my trust in him. Happy New Year. And make a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment