Thursday, January 20, 2011

Not My Will But His Be Done.

If you were or are anything like me, you will have planned out your entire life. When I was little, I knew exactly what I wanted, and I felt that everything had to turn out that way or I would never be satisfied. As I grew up, I quickly learned that it is not by my path that I must live, but by Gods. I still struggle to let Him take the lead of my life, but I do it everyday. He gives us the choice of which path we want to lead, but I tend to choose His path over mine. Before I decide on the path, I question whether or not this time I should listen to myself because getting what I want could make me happy, but I always end up chossing His still. This whole idea has come up a lot lately in my life. Tonight at basketball, we had a devotion, and we discused our choices, and how we need to be living life acording to Gods will. Some of the adults gave their testimony about this, and every single one of them followed the path that God gave them and found the miracles of God waithing for them.

I will admit that in the past I have been tired of waiting for the Lord, and I took things onto myself, and followed the path that I wanted. Although when I first entered those paths, it seemed like a good idea, quickly I realized that I went the wrong way. Now here's the good thing, even when you take the wrong path the Lord is ready with open arms to guide you back to His path. He never leaves us alone even when we leave him alone.

"But He knows the way that I will take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside. I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread." Job 23: 10-12. Although He knows which path we will take before we take it, He gives us the choice. Today and as long as I can, I choose the path of the Lord. I choose to take the glory road.

No comments:

Post a Comment