Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Planting the Seed.

Last night, I had just finished Bible study and turned out the lights, when I recieved a message. It was full of anger and hurt. My first instinct was to become angry, and let that person have it. I stopped, however, because all week I have been reading the messages about being slow to anger. I knew that I was going to be tested and that was it. I prayed quickly to the Lord for guidance and I let him speak through me. It was difficult at first to not say exactly what I wanted to say, but after all was said and done, I realized that through the Lord I had just planted a seed in that person. We must plant seeds in as many people as we can because they may not have been as blessed as those of us who know the Lord.

We cannot force anyone to believe, but we can give them the opportunity to believe. When you first plant that seed, they could reject you, and make you feel awful, but you need to realize that maybe years from now when they hit rock bottom, they will remember what you told them about God always being there, and they might turn to Him for help. I have trouble accepting that it is not me who will change anyone, that it is the Holy Spirit. I want immedeate change in those who I share the message with but everything must come in Gods time.

"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ" Philemon 1:6. We have the faith and we must go out and share it. We have to tell those who we hate and who we love that God is the only way. It is our duty, and although it can be quite challenging we do it because the Lord gives us strength. I was given the chance to witness to someone and with the Lord's assistance I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment