Monday, January 10, 2011

Stressed Out? God Can Help.

In my high school, we are entering what I call "finals time". We are all trying to cram in the studying while we can. I have always become quite stressed and therefore angry, during this time of year. However, this year I'm looking at everything with a new light. All of my worries about failing need to be given to God. The Lord has let us know already that he will not give us more than we can handle. Today went by in almost a fog. I tried to be my joyous self, but I was feeling exhausted and troubled. By this afternoon I figured out what I needed to do. First get more sleep, and second enter the word.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7. This verse was the first to give me a little bit of relief because I realized that the Lord will not let me be broken down by the stress that I am putting onto myself. Having a little bit of stress is healthy because it means that you care about what you are studying for. The Lord will, always provide a way out of any extremely stressful situation. I rely on the Lord to help me through this.

I was looking for one more verse that would get me through this time of hardship, and I was brought to Psalm 62: 1-2, "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." I feel that right now I can rest because I have been assured by the Lord that I will make it through everything including the finals that are ahead of me. For adults who don't have finals anymore, you have bills to pay all the time and in these hard times money is tight, and stress levels are higher than they should be. The Lord provides us with some peace in the madness of the world. The Lord is amazing and he works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment