Thursday, January 27, 2011

Making Decisions.

Every single day that we are alive, we make decisions. We decide to get out of bed, and we decide what to do during our day. We also decide to love the Lord. I do it every day. I decide to wake up and praise the Lord for everything that He has done for me. Others make the decision to ignore the Lord, and to try to shut down Christians. It is them that need our prayers. We must decide to pray for everyone, so that they too can find what we already have. I worry all the time whether or not the decisions that I make are the ones that are pleasing to God. I doubt myself often. This doubt is put there by Satan. If we truly are asking the Lord to assist us in our decision making He will do so. Nothing should be done by our will. We are to gloify God with all of our actions, thoughts, and decisions. I will never even be close to perfect, but I know that my decision to get up and praise the Lord every single day is the right one.

We make the easier decisions, like saying hello to that one person that we don't really like, and we feel satisfied. We feel that those are the decisions we can make on our own, but that is where we are wrong. The Lord should be in everything that we do. I struggle to keep Him in all of my decision making. This is weighing so heavy on my heart right now, because I am facing many decisions, which college should I go to? Do I trust the surgeon? Should I choose Christian Camp over family vacation? I am growing weary in making all of these choices. I have been trying not to break down and have to get on my knees and pray, but I need to let the Lord in so that He can take this anxiety out of me, and guide me on the path that He wants me to take. We need to make sure that we are seeking the correct wisdom. We need to ask the Lord Himself what He wants for our lives.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6. I can rest with peace in my heart because the Lord has made a promise that He will lead and guide us as long as we give it all to Him. Remember that for the rest of the week. As you are faced with choices, throw the decisions up to God and see what He has to tell you about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment